Module 1. Key aspects of global communication strategic management: Leadership and change management through global communication (8 ECTS)
- Management vs. Leadership in Global Communication and Public relations.
- Strategic planning and process of management. The functions of the Chief Communication Officer (CCO) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The structure of global communication in an international organization or business.
- The basic profession of communication: the challenge of creativity (content, storytelling and experiences).
- Interactivity and ICT in global environments.
- Project management and communication of innovation. Change management. “Selling” new projects using fundraising strategies.
- Research methods in global communication and strategic planning.
- Stakeholder relations and global communication: commitment to audiences and social legitimacy.
Module 2. Management techniques in global organizational communication: Internal communication, culture and values, knowledge management and commitment to employees and suppliers (8 ECTS)
- Management of human resources vs. leadership of people. Internal communication and employee commitment.
- Organizational culture and values.
- The identification of needs for knowledge in an organization: how to provide the necessary resources. Creation of training programs.
- The attraction and retention of talent.
- The concept of a knowledge hub. The management of knowledge and the role of global communication and public relations.
- The commitment of external suppliers.